Saturday, September 19, 2015

COCONUT COFFEE WITH WHIPPED CREAM


I have always been a huge fan of coffee, black, white, with steamed milk and most importantly: coffee with whipped cream. When I went vegan I didn't have a problem with giving up a cheese nor regular milk, but whipped cream on my coffee, oh man that was a real struggle. But then I came up with this recipe and it literally changed my life! When my friends are coming over, I usually use this recipe and everyone seems to be loving it, so I thought I would share this with you guys, since it is much healthier than coffee with tons of sugar, hormones and pus on top. I hope I convinced you enough :)

Ingredients :
(this recipe makes 2 portions)

  • double espresso (you can also go for a grain coffee, if you're avoiding caffeine)
  • 1 banana
  • 8 small dried dates (you can use fresh, but I run out)
  • 1 can of coconut milk (put it to the fridge for at least 12 hours before making coffee)
  • 150 ml of soy milk (or any other plant milk of your choice)
  • 1 tsp of cacao powder (you can replace it with carob powder as well)
  • 2 tbsp of coconut sugar 
The secret trick is to keep your coconut milk in the fridge for long enough, so you can separate milk from water. After at least 12 hours in the fridge, open a can and firstly put out the milk (it supposed to be very thick!) using a spoon and at the bottom you will be left with coconut water. We will be using both water and milk for this recipe! Place your banana, dates, soy milk, coconut water and cacao powder into your blender and blend until smooth. Pour the coffee into glasses. Now it's time to make our whipped cream! All you have to do is mix coconut milk with some coconut sugar (you can use any type of sugar, or even don't use any, depends on your preferences) until desirable consistency. Place it on your coffee, you can also sprinkle some cacao powder on top to make it look even more fancy and ... your coffee is ready to enjoy with someone special! :)


Bon appetit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment