Friday, October 9, 2015

REESE'S MUFFINS

I exactly remember the day I have tried peanut butter for the first time. It wasn't so popular in my country back then, I was spending my summer in Amsterdam and my dad bought me a jar of this deliciousness. Oh man, I fell in love straight away, and our love lasts till today. Did you know that peanut butter was first invented in the Netherlands, not in US as a lot of us tend to believe, and was used as a medication for some disease. I thought, it was interesting, but let's get to the point. I've been not feeling so well recently, and decided to skip classes today to get a bit better. What does it mean? Baking! My family cannot complain while I'm being sick, haha :) RESEE'S INSPIRED MUFFINS. Not so sweet though, so if you feel like adding more sugar, by no means go for it! They are just soo delicious, you need to try this recipe out, especially if you are a peanut butter lover like I am.

Ingredients:
(for 8 muffins)
  • 1 1/2 cup of wholewheat flour
  • 1 cup of soy milk
  • 1 cup coconut oil (after melting - about 1/3 cup)
  • 1 cup of icing sugar
  • 2 tsp of baking powder
  • 2 tbsp of vanilla sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
  • 1 banana
  • peanut butter (as much as desired)
  • 100 g of dark chocolate
  • 1 handful of peanuts
  1. Preheat an oven to 180 C
  2. Mash a banana, add soy milk, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and melted coconut oil - combine thoroughly. 
  3. Pour flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and mix all together until desirable consistency
  







4. As shown above, place a batter in a muffin pan (1 tbsp of batter, then 1 tsp of peanut butter and another tbsp of batter) 
5. Bake for about 15-18 mins
6. Melt the chocolate and when muffins are cooled down, spread the chocolate on them and top with some peanuts. 


Bon appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment